The Impact Movement takes the truth of Jesus Christ to the campus, community and world by producing leaders of African descent who are spiritually focused, financially responsible and morally fit.
Spiritually Focused – Putting God’s kingdom and His purposes first (Matthew 6:33) which includes:
- Establishing a relationship with God through Jesus Christ by faith alone.
- Spending consistent time in God’s word and prayer in a growing relationship with Christ (Psalm 119:9-16; Philippians 4:6-7) and living in a moment by moment dependence upon God’s Spirit for daily living. (Eph 5:18, Gal 5:16-25)
- Seeking to advance God’s kingdom in everything we do and being personally involved in obeying Christ’s command to make disciples (Matt 28:18-20; 1 Peter 3:15).
- Involvement in a local church where the Bible is accurately taught and lived out (Romans 12:4-8; Hebrews 10:25)
Financially Responsible – Living out biblical values of financial stewardship that includes:
- God’s ownership – we must understand that God owns everything. We are to be a manager of all that God gives to us including our money and possessions
- Living Debt Free – Trusting God to meet our needs, we are committed to avoid consumer debt (Proverbs 22:7)
- Planning our spending – being intentional and accounting for how we spend God’s resources (Luke 14:28-30)
- Saving – committing to save toward short term and long term financial goals. (Proverbs 6:6-8)
- Generosity – we will invest our God-given resources in order to maximize our ability to FUEL God’s work. (2 Cor 9:7; 1 Timothy 6:17).
Morally Fit – Living by biblical standards as ordained by God and His Word.
- In light of the beauty of the truth that God has given the gift of sexual desire, we commit to submitting our sexuality to the clear teaching of scripture (1 Thessalonians 4:1-8)
- We recognize that God is the author of life and thus created us in His image. We will abstain from any form of violence or abuse. (Genesis 9:6; 1:27)
- God desires truth in the innermost parts and therefore we commit to living lives of integrity. We will not lie, cheat or steal in ways subtle or explicit (Proverbs 6:16-19).
The Impact Movement envisions each community of African descent fulfilling its destiny as a reflection of the redemptive power of Jesus Christ.
- Our ancestor’s suffering is not a cosmic accident (i.e. the Joseph story).
- In African American and African cultures, the gospel has been that which provides the best context to endure difficulties, clarify values and provide the moral framework required to build a prosperous community.
- Cultures of African descent around the world have made a rich contribution to the body of Christ globally.
- When Children of slavery and colonialism rise to prominence, God is glorified.
- God’s ability to take pain and bring glory to Himself illustrates His power to redeem broken things of this world and give them health and fruitfulness.
- Faith in complete dependence upon God we plan in a manner that invites God to show Himself strong.
- Integrity. Living with consistency with our professed obedience to God’s word in truthfulness, authenticity and moral purity.
- Spiritual Growth. Commitment to become like Christ through prayer, God’s word, sharing the gospel and ongoing fellowship with other believers.
- Stewardship. Make the most of all that God entrusts to us in relationships, finances, and other resources.
- Culture. Cultural relevance that empowers indigenous leadership because each culture has a unique contribution to the worldwide community of faith.
The Church. We recognize the vital role of churches of African descent, our ones with the broader body of Christ and our dependence upon the church for our spiritual substance.